Thursday, July 19, 2012

Congratulations! You're a Peace Corps photo contest winner!

The above was the subject line in an email I opened up this morning.  When I opened it and read it I couldn't have pictured a more perfect way to end the Acting Out Awareness project.

One of the photos I submitted from the play won 2nd place in the third category titled ending discrimination and stigma.  The winning photos were selected by Alicia Keys and will be posted today on her twitter page and collection.peacecorps.gov.  It will also be on display at Peace Corps headquaters in D.C. and at Carnegie Library in D.C.  The title of the photo is 'AIDS is strong but We are stronger'.  Just in case you can't wait to see my winning photo, here it is!

AIDS is strong but We are stronger

I was able to tell my mudir and one of the students from the play today.  When I told him Alicia Keys picked the photo, his smile was so big!  Now they all will be famous in our little corner of Morocco.  Talk about a claim to fame for some small town boys!  Couldn't be happier for them and all the hard work they've put into the project.  Just another little bit of icing on my Peace Corps service :)

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Congratulations!