Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Anniversary Peace Corps!!

Check out the link below to see the Presidential Proclamation issued by President Obama. I am very honored that I have been able to be a part of this amazing organization. We ARE making a difference, even if we may not see it during our service.

http://m.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/02/28/presidential-proclamation-50th-anniversary-peace-corps

There are several other milestones approaching in my Peace Corps service. On March 18th, it will mark 3 years since I first landed in Albania and began this whole adventure. March 16th marks 6 months for me in Morocco. I still remember when I first landed in Albania. As we were making our descent, I looked out the window and saw a donkey on the side of the runway. I remember thinking, "Where the heck am I?!" Little did I know little things like that were the reason I loved Albania so much. When we landed in Morocco I was blown away by how big the airport was. Next to Tirana, it was huge! Then there were the drives from the airports to the hub sites. I stayed awake for most of the drive in Albania but I fell asleep on the bus in Morocco. My beginnings seem like they were only yesterday and then I think about what it must have been like for the first group of PCV's to leave for their countries. So much has happened since PC was first started and there is still so much to do!

Congratulations to everyone who has served, is serving or will serve with PC. You have done/are doing/will do great things!!

No comments: