Friday, February 4, 2011

SUNpocalypse!

Not having a television and a meteorologist to tell me what weather would be like, I was unprepared for the weather I would be facing when I left my apartment the other day. I had heard from other people that the weather had become disastrous back home in America. Where I am, I knew that it wouldn't be the same as what my friends and family were preparing for but I had a feeling it would be bad. I prepared for the worst and I braced myself for whatever laid outside my door.

This is what I walked out into.......
















No one could have prepared me for this type of bombardment of sun! If I had known I would have put on sunblock! I would have worn lighter clothes! Instead, I ended up walking around, picking up color every second, waiting for the breeze to cool me down just a little and wishing I had brought my water bottle. It was horrible. Where was the meteorologist to tell me that it would be this sunny?? Why didn't he warn me it would be this hot?? Meteorologists of the world, you have failed me. It has been like this now for a long time. I ask you, when will I get a reprieve?

This weather has been so bad that other people in my town have started referring to it as a sunpocalypse. It's the beginning of the end. I only hope that all of you, my friends and family, are doing well and are staying inside where you are safe from the pounding sun.

No comments: