Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Finally in Albania!

OMG!!! So I have finally found an internet cafe! It has only taken 4 days! Well I have been Albania for 4 days and it has been interesting! We arrived at Tirana International Airport (which by the way has one landing strip) and I knew I was in Albania when I saw a donkey on the side of the strip. The country is absolutely gorgeous! There are mountains everywhere! It's true that Albania has a little bit of a trash problem but I'm sure I'll learn to overlook it.

So I was in Elbasan for the first 2 1/2 days. Now I am in Cerrik which is about 25 minutes away. I am living in an apartment with a host father and mother. They have a son who is 23 that is studying in Italy (his name is Aldo) and a son who is 21 who studies in Tirana (his name is Besmir). I live in the living room which I have been told is my room. We're on the first floor so luckily I don't have to do stairs everyday. Now the bathroom... They have a turkish toilet. Which if you're not familiar with, google it. YOu'll feel my pain. The shower is not really a shower as much as it is a shower head over the toilet with a tiled floor. It is going to be interesting to do that.

Today I have walked around town with Besmir and he has shown me things to know. This has been interesting since he doesn't speak English. There are 4 other volunteers living in Cerrik. Courtney and Chris ( they are married), Karen and Rebecca. I know, another BECCA!!!! hahaha :) Well I'm about out of time on this thing so I'll wrap up with my new cell number. Dial it exactly as you see it here (0355 69 34 75 492). Calling is extremely expensive for me but I'll be able to send text messages. Oh and I don't have all your addresses so if you want mail send me a message with your address!!!I miss you guys!

Leslie

No comments: