Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Looking to the Future

Happy New Year's!!!! I hope everyone had a great night last night and that everyone's 2008 is an amazing one! I always like looking back at the past year but even more so looking towards the future. It seems as though I have a lot to look back on and a lot to look forward too. So here's a little look at 2007 and a glimpse into my hopes for 2008.

2007
-I started the year off with a hopeful heart hoping that my year in love would be better..... that didn't happen. I met some amazing people but none of them were what I was looking for.
-I traveled. Lets see..... I went to Texas, New Orleans, and Arizona.
-I finished my Bachelors' in Business Administration with a concentration in Hospitality Management at Robert Morris College in Chicago.
-I looked into many different options for after graduation. Teaching in Japan, working in Austrailia, staying in Chicago, being happy in Milwaukee....... just to name a few.
-I decided to apply for the Peace Corps. Not only will this be my opportunity to give back to the worldwide community it will be my chance to do things that I love to do. I will learn a new language, surround myself with a new culture, travel, and I will get to make people smile.
-I had an amazing experience working at The Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and learning all the different aspects of the lodging industry.
-I get to work with children now and watch as they learn to swim and see how proud they are of themselves when they learn something new.
-I turned 21. I think that's all I really need to say about that :)

2008
-I am enjoying spending time with my friends and family while working 3 different jobs.
-I am excited and anxious at finding out where I will be going as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I am supposed to leave in March but we'll see how that goes............
-I have an open mind as to what to expect for this year. I have so many hopes but we'll see how everything goes.
-I know my experience with the Peace Corps will be extremely rewarding but also challenging and exhausting. However, I have the support of all my family and friends and I know I will have the support of whichever community I end up in.

So with all that said I have nothing but high hopes for this year. I know that everything I hope for may not come true but I'm keeping an open mind. So goodbye 2007 and hello 2008!!

No comments: