Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rruge te mbare Piter!

It's happened again. Last night, I went over to Peter's house and helped him clean out his house, pack up his things, and take things that needed to get to other people. We actually got through it all really fast. After about 2.5 hours, his bags were packed, all his trash was thrown out, the clothes he was leaving behind had been taken care of and all the things that needed to go to other people had been taken over to my house. While I helped Peter get ready for his departure, it made me sad to think that this was the last time I would see Peter in Lezha.
Peter has been an amazing site mate. He's helped me get through some tough times and he's celebrated the good times with me as well. We had a final dinner together on Wednesday night with the new volunteers here in Lezha, Laura and Jen, and two other volunteers, Chris and Joe. It was great to have one last hoorah all together. I'm really going to miss Peter during my last 1.5 months here in Lezha but I will survive :)


Today is the official COS date of my group and there are several other volunteers leaving today with Peter. A few have left already but the majority of us are still here for awhile. I know I'm not ready to leave quite yet. I will be ready August 6th, but not yet I'm not. It's even odder to think that in about 3 months I will be joining a new group of volunteers to go through this experience all over again.

Congrats G11 on COS'ing!!

2 comments:

Doug said...

Hey Leslie,

I got your comment on my blog. Thanks for posting it!

It's neat and fun to hear from another person who will also be a PCV in Morocco!

To answer your question, yes, I am going to be a Youth Developer in Morocco. Are you, too?

Congrats on reaching your COS in Albania, and here's to your next PC assignment, coming up in Morocco!

See you there!

All my best,
Doug

Unknown said...

I am going to be a YD volunteer! You are the 1st person I've found so far going too. I've known since February that I am going to Morocco and its been torture waiting to find other people! If you get any fun info on Morocco send it my way. See you in Philly Sept. 13th!