Thursday, July 3, 2008

On the Road Again....

Out of the three weeks I have now lived in Lezhe, I have been in site about 12 of those days. The first weekend I went to Tirana, Vlore and Dhermi. Tirana was just for fun and boy did I have fun!! Not having a bar close is the best thing ever!! On our way to the Tourism Committee meeting in Dhermi we spent a night in Vlore. Vlore is gorgeous and it is big! You actually have to take a city bus to get from one side to another! Yes, I was in shock too :) However, Vlore has nothing on Dhermi. Dhermi is the most spectacular beach I have ever seen. The water was bluer than blue and so clear!! It was amazing to just float around. Seriously, everyone needs to go to Dhermi.

This last weekend I went to Pogradec and Erseke. In Pogradec we had a gaby party which was basically everyone dressing up in the most ridiculous outfits ever but we had a blast. The club we went to is right on Lake Ohrid and there was lightning in the distance which was just awesome! We went to Erseke to hike through the gorge which if anyone is looking for a little adventure, come to Erseke! The gorge is not only beautiful but if you hike through the whole thing, the rapids get a little dangerous but fun like no other! Those of us who had ventured down from the north, took a 3 am bus back to Tirana. I got back to Lezhe in the early evening on Sunday.

Tomorrow is the 4th and we are having a party here in Lezhe and going to a party at the American Embassy in Tirana on Saturday. It should be fun. And I get to go back to Tirana for 3 days next week for a USAID training. This summer is going to fly by with all this stuff going on. I'm loving the traveling as it gives me something to do and I just love to travel! My trip home to the US for my brothers wedding is going to come fast! Well that's about it for now. I hope everyone is having a great summer! Be grateful for your air conditioning if you have it, because it is HOT here and air conditioning is nowhere to be found.....

Hugs,
Leslie

No comments: