Thursday, September 6, 2007

So it begins....

Hey everyone!

Ok so here's the deal. I'm 2 weeks away from graduating Robert Morris College in Chicago. I will be moving back home to Milwaukee. Over the next 6 months I will be volunteering with the Girl Scouts of Milwaukee County, Wauwatosa East High School, Habitat for Humanity and coming back down to Chicago every once in a while to help out The Hard Rock Hotel Chicago. Then the big news........

In March I will be leaving (Hopefully, cross your fingers for me!) for a 27 month commitment with the Peace Corps. I will not know exactly where, when or what I will be doing until I am medically cleared. This will not happen for probably a good 2 months or so. Anyways, I'm super psyched about this. Some people are like "Why do you want to leave the US for a country with no electricity, running water or air conditioning?" and you know what my answer is? "Why wouldn't I want to!!" Those of you who know me know that I do not do things like everyone else. I couldn't be more excited for this opportunity to experience another culture first hand, learn a new language and realize just how lucky I've been so far in life.

So this is the beginning of my "adult" life. For those of you interested in keeping touch let me know and I'll keep you posted on addresses, telephone numbers etc. I know there are going to be some tough times ahead but there will be many more good ones than bad I'm sure. I'm sure there will be some interesting posts in the future so even though I may not post a lot on here, check it out when you can. Just remember to keep smiling because you know that's what I'll be doing!

Spread the Love!
Leslie :)

No comments: